Saturday, 13 August 2016

July Favourites - not all Mummy related!

Hi All

I absolutely love 'favourite' videos on YouTube and as I don't think I will ever be brave enough to get behind the camera, I thought I'd do a blog post of my favourites! If any of you ever blog your favourites then let me know below as I'd love to have a read! Ok, so we are nearly in the middle of August but next month I will try and get my August favourites up a bit earlier!

I will try and share a mixture of items, some will be 'Mummy' related and some will just be life in general! So here goes....

1. Traveller's Notebook - Lyradori



For those of you who don't know, I am a crazy planner girl! I love using planners, journals, diaries to help me stay organised....or at least the illusion of this! One thing I invested in a few months ago was a 'Traveller's Notebook'...a Lyradori in my case. I hadn't really done anything with it until this past month but now I can't put it down. For those of you who don't know, a 'Lyradori' is a cloth cover that attaches small booklets using elastic. You can then attach and detach as and when is needed. I'm not sure if that makes any kind of sense but I will pop some pictures below and if you google it or look on pinterest you will find lots of examples! I have four inserts in mine at the moment: a lined notebook, a plain notebook, a monthly planner and a week on two pages planner (these are both undated so that I can use them as and when.) 






I do have an Erin Condren Life Planner that I use for my general life planning, let me know if you'd like a look at that in another post, but my Lyradori is great for popping in my bag and for general scribblings. It has been really handy, I've used the lined pad for lots of lists or notes that I've needed to keep safe, the plain pad has been used as a bit of a journal/thought jotter and the monthly planner I have started to use as a blog planner. I have yet to use the weekly planner just yet. I have decorated the fronts of a couple of the inserts as they were just plain to keep costs down, but I'm not really into decorating my Lyradori, I keep that for my ECLP! 




I have been loving it though, the cloth cover has been great, super flexible and the dark cover means it doesn't pick up any kind of dirt, well not as much as a light cover would have. Lyra and Co on Etsy have such cute designs...I'm thinking of getting a pocket version with a Christmassy cover on...love anything that is festive! I will pop some links below of where I got all of the bits and bobs mentioned and if you have any questions then let me know. Highly recommended though! Shops used: Lyra and Co and Travelers Times.

2. Adult colouring book
I am also a bit of a crafter at heart but with a 2 and a half year old running around it is rare I get chance to really get into my scrapbooking anymore! Instead, I have taken to these adult colouring books that are everywhere. I just got a cheap one from The Range (think it was £1.99) and use colouring pencils to colour the designs in. I really do find it relaxing. I find that I concentrate solely on the page I am doing and it helps my mind switch off from everything, even just for half an hour or so. Give it a go and see if it can help you! A bit of mindfulness :) 

3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (The first book in the series)



I really am obsessed with the show Pretty Little Liars on Netflix. As an avid reader I had to give the books a go. I bought the first in the series with some vouchers I was given recently and loved it. It is a really easy read and it is a Young Adult book so it is aimed at teenagers and you can tell this if you read it, however, I found it really enjoyable. It is really interesting to see how they have altered the storyline and characters for the TV series too. I think I read it in a weekend and am looking forward to the next one!

4. Netflix



I may as well talk about this obsession as PLL is definitely a part of it! We have just the basic subscription of Netflix and we watch it nearly every night. Not only have I watched (and keep re-watching PLL...told you I'm obsessed!), we have watched loads of great programmes and films. Some of our favourites have been White Collar, Suits, Lie to Me, How to Get Away with Murder and I've also just started to watch Gilmore Girls. We are seriously considering getting rid of Sky. Definitely worth having the free trial and seeing if you would enjoy it and going from there. We had it a few years ago and it was terrible compared to now!

5. Joie Nitro Stroller



I mentioned this in a blog post a few weeks ago but it has definitely been a favourite of mine for a specific reason this month. My little girl loves to walk around everywhere but will often get halfway around a lake or the shopping centre and decide she's tired and wants to be picked up. This lightweight buggy allows me to have her on the reins and take the pushchair with me as I can steer it with just one hand (well, most of the time without bumping into too much!) It is brilliant as she is getting quite big now for me to carry...I'm only little in height myself...so it gives her the option of walking or being in the buggy. Can't recommend it enough if you are thinking of moving from the bigger pushchair into a smaller stroller.

6. Jelly shoes from ASDA George £4 (Not mine!)

Bit of a strange favourite but these have been brilliant when trying to deal with the weather we have been having! They have been great to just pop on if it is really hot but we are going somewhere that sandals wouldn't really be suitable. My little girl loves them and often asks to wear them. They were a great price in Asda and should last her for the remaining hot days we may get. They keep her feet cool and go with most things due to the clear colour. Just really handy!

7. Tanya Bakes book



I absolutely love baking but don't buy many baking books for myself. However, I am a fan of Tanya Burr and her YouTube channel and her make-up products in fact, so thought I'd take a look at this when I was in Waterstones recently. I was delighted to find recipes that were a true representation of the baking world, some modern twists on old traditional recipes and some classics in there such as a Victoria Sandwich cake. There were so many things I wanted to have a go at that I bought it there and then and have used it more than any other baking book I've ever had....apart from maybe my old battered Bero book! Definitely worth a look if you like your traditional baking recipes but enjoy trying out new ingredients. The Great British Bake Off is back next week too....always makes me want to bake more!

8. YouTube


I have found myself enjoying watching so many people on YouTube recently. I also watch a real mixture from Mummy vloggers, to Disney vloggers and then more general health and beauty/lifestyle vloggers. I enjoy escaping into their lives every now and then or getting tips and tricks from them, especially those that are Mummys! I also associate watching YouTube videos with a nice relaxing bath as that is my little ritual now. I may do another post with some of my favourite channels at some point, would love to know who you enjoy watching.

9. Nestle Animal Bars



A blast from the past, something I remember having as a treat when I was a child. I have to admit to eating far too many and introducing my little girl to them. She enjoys the puzzles on the wrapper and seeing the different animals more than the chocolate I think...Mummy can help if she doesn't eat it though lol. Naughty but nice!

10. Hugo Boss Orange Perfume 

I had to have a 10th favourite...I can't leave a list on an odd number....one of my 'quirks!' My final favourite this month has got to be the bottle of Hugo Boss Orange perfume that I recently found. This was the perfume I had on my wedding day and so always takes me back to that day. Hubby will often buy me a bottle at Christmas or my birthday and I managed to find an unopened bottle in the past month. Needless to say that it has been well used this month! 

                                                           ...............................
Think that is it for now...I could probably go on all day but hopefully that is a good mixture for you! I think I would find it hard to do monthly 'Mummy' favourites now as my little one is growing up! It feels like that may be more of a quaterly or six-monthly update but let me know if there is any favourites you'd like to know more about. 

Thanks for popping by and reading my post. Would love to know any of your July favourites in the comments below!
xx

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge PLL fan. But now I can not find any streaming site so that I can see the rest of season 7 :-(

    I watch so many youtube vloggers at the moment. I am addicted. I also love to watch Degrassi and we just watched Stranger things. (good one) I am planning on doing an august favorite blog post. I love to watch those videos on youtube ( but I do not have the guts to do that my self..)

    Who is your favorite youtubers ???

    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete