Saturday, 7 May 2016

BBC Series - In the Club

Hi All

I sat down with a cup of tea yesterday and decided to watch the BBC programme 'In the Club' that started on Tuesday evening at 9pm. I had no idea that it was the second series and so I have some catching up to do but I thought I'd share what my first thoughts were as it is 'Mummy' related!



The programme follows the lives of about 8 women who are either expectant Mums or already Mums, whether it be their first or third child. It also suggested that we may also get a little insight into the father's role too which is often forgotten about and I'm looking forward to watching. I'm not going to reveal any spoilers but if you are a Mum already or expecting a baby then I can guarantee you will enjoy it. I was expecting a comedy that was full of stereotypes of motherhood but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was much more 'gritty' than that. The way the feelings of the women in different situations were explored was excellent. Not only did it add to the enjoyment of the programme but it made it visually exciting to watch. How a new Mum feels in the first year of motherhood, how an expectant Mum may be feeling awaiting a scan and the results from that, how a Mum who hasn't got the support from a partner or family at home might feel. All were explored and I could relate to almost every single one of the characters at some stage, and this was just the first episode! It was nice to watch a programme and actually feel like it was 'real', that it perhaps showed issues that other programmes/films may stay clear of and decided to tackle them head on, and I think many women watching will have breathed a sigh of relief knowing that they weren't alone in how they felt, or do feel during the puzzling world of being a Mum!

As you can tell, I really enjoyed it! Give it a go on Tuesday night, be warned, you may need tissues...or can I still just blame my hormones for my shot emotions!!

**All opinions in this post are my own and I do not wish to offend anyone at all.**

Thanks for reading!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment